Whole genome amplification generates microgram quantities of genomic DNA starting from a sample of as little as a few femtograms and so is a vital technique when sample material is limited, as well as for high-throughput assays.
Whole Genome Amplification: Methods Express is a comprehensive up-to-date laboratory manual for this key technique. It provides detailed step-by-step protocols as well as hints and tips for success and troubleshooting, taking readers through all aspects of whole genome amplification. This book is an essential practical guide for any researcher currently using PCR for genomic amplification or who wishes to do so in future.
1. Introduction to whole genome amplification (Jose M. Lage and Paul M. Lizardi)
2. Single nucleotide polymorphism typing using degenerate- oligonucleotide-primed PCR-amplified products (Makoto Bannai and Katsushi Tokunaga)
3. Whole genome amplification by improved primer-extension pre-amplification PCR (Peter J. Wild and Wolfgang Dietmaier)
4. Global amplification using SCOMP: single-cell comparative genomic hybridization (Nona C.R. Arneson, Arezou A. Ghazani, et al.)
5. PRSG, a whole genome amplification method based on adaptor-ligation PCR of randomly sheared genomic DNA (Hiroki Sasaki and Kazuhiko Aoyagi)
6. GenomePlex whole genome amplification (Simon Hughes, Gabrielle Sellick, et al.)
7. DNA linear amplification (Chih Long Liu, Bradley E. Bernstein and Stuart L. Schreiber)
8. Multiple displacement amplification of genomic DNA (Roger S. Lasken)
9. Multiple displacement amplification from single bacterial cells (Roger S. Lasken, et al.)
10. Genome amplification tolerant to sample degradation: application to formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded specimens (G. Mike Makrigiorgos)
11. Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis using whole genome amplification (Alan H. Handyside, Mark D. Robinson and Francesco Fiorentino)
List of suppliers
'Each chapter contains a concise introduction that leads the reader into the practical approaches of the various subjects covered. The figures and tables are clearly presented and well-defined..... Whole Genome Amplification is an excellent reference guide that would prove to be extremely useful in any molecular biology lab. The examples and recommended protocols are to the point, with supporting 'trouble shooting' sections in several of the chapters. Overall, the book is good value...'
Briefings in Functional Genomics and Proteomics
No resources currently available for this title.