Physics: A Student Companion offers readers a thorough overview of basic physics with rapid access to fundamental concepts and their derivations. Covering the core fields of mechanics and relativity, electromagnetism, waves and optics, quantum mechanics, and thermal physics, this book is an essential learning tool for students, as well as a handy reference for graduates and researchers in the physical sciences.
- The perfect companion to the mainstream physics textbooks, providing fast access to the essential material
- Highlights and consolidates the key equations, derivations, theories and concepts that are the fundamentals of your physics course
- Provides a structured outline of the core ideas, to be used alongside lecture notes and classes
- Offers an ideal reference for graduates and researchers in the physical sciences
- Informal style – written by a recent student specifically for students
- Notes are used to highlight the major equations, show where they come from and how they can be used and applied
- The aim is to consolidate understanding, not teach the basics from scratch
If you are looking for a better option than digging through college textbooks for that forgotten something, reviewing material for an examination, or preparing for graduate entry, then Physics: A Student Companion is the right book for you.
“Every undergraduate physicist ought to own a copy of this remarkable, unique and innovative textbook… I truly believe this textbook should be taken advantage of by all undergraduates, and I wish it had been published earlier in my undergraduate degree.”
Student Review, Times Higher Education, May 2012