Eureka: Rheumatology and Orthopaedics is an innovative book for medical students that fully integrates core science, clinical medicine and surgery.
The book benefits from an engaging and authoritative text, written by specialists in the field, and has several key features to help you really understand the subject:
- an engaging and authoritative style – with everything you need in one place
- realistic clinical cases – these show how skilled clinicians work through a presentation, and put disease and biomedical principles into context
- extensive range of photographs – superb clinical photos show exactly how to demonstrate related clinical signs.
- chapter starter questions – stimulating questions and answers to test your knowledge and highlight the level of detail you need. Answers are provided at the end of the chapter.
- study boxes – these highlight tips, tricks and key learning points.
- self-assessment chapter – a final chapter of Single Best Answer questions to test your knowledge and understanding.
The First Principles chapter clearly explains key concepts including anatomy and physiology, development of the musculoskeletal system and locomotion.
The Clinical Essentials chapter describes how to take a history, examine the patient, investigations required and the management options available, including drug therapies, surgery, physiotherapy and lifestyle changes.
A series of disease-based chapters then describe for each condition, epidemiology, clinical signs and symptoms, investigations and management.
The musculoskeletal emergencies chapter covers a range of cases to illustrate the principles of immediate care in situations such as open fracture, acute musculoskeletal pain and septic arthritis.
The book concludes with a series of multiple choice questions in clinical Single Best Answer format, to thoroughly test your understanding of the subject.
The Eureka series of books are designed to be a ‘one stop shop’: they contain all the key information you need to know to succeed in your studies and pass your exams.