“The book covers in detail all of the relevant skills and procedures required of medical students in their first year of clinical training. The detail includes all ages from the neonate to the geriatric patient. Chapters use an outline layout as well as highlighting in different colors, making it easy to navigate to specific topics.
This is a good addition to the how-to books in the area of basic clinical skills and procedures. It is comprehensive yet concise and has the advantage of being small, allowing it to fit in a coat pocket for easy reference. The formatting makes finding specific sections very straightforward.”
Doody’s Reviews, October 2012
Clinical Skills for Medical Students is a US adaptation of Clinical Skills for OSCEs, fourth edition. It is designed for international markets and we do not recommend it for UK students.
It covers virtually all the skills that are taught and examined at medical school.
The clear and concise text, attractive layout, and numerous tables and figures make it very easy for medical students, junior trainees, and other healthcare professionals to prepare for clinical examinations and/or succeed in clinical practice.
Key features include:
- Step-by-step instructions for a broad range of clinical skills
- Detailed coverage of difficult areas such as blood transfusion and orthopedic examinations
- Detailed coverage of the medical conditions that are most likely to come up in clinical exams
- Special boxes headed ‘Junior Resident’s Tips’ and ‘Senior Resident’s Questions’ to focus attention on important or frequently examined areas
- Evidence-based approach with likelihood ratios published alongside key clinical findings
- A hints and tips section to maximize exam performance.
Clinical Skills for Medical Students will make your life easier and save you a lot of time.