Eureka: Physiology is an innovative book for medical students that fully integrates core science, clinical medicine and surgery.
The book benefits from an engaging and authoritative text, written by specialists in the field, and has several key features to help you really understand the subject:
- Chapter starter questions – to get you thinking about the topic before you start reading
- Break out boxes which contain essential key knowledge
- Clinical cases to help you understand the material in a clinical context
- Unique graphic narratives which are especially useful for visual learners
- End of chapter answers to the starter questions
- A final self-assessment chapter of Single Best Answers to really help test and reinforce your knowledge
The First Principles chapter clearly explains key concepts and mechanisms relevant to the study of medicine e.g. cell signalling mechanisms and homeostasis.
A series of systems-based chapters describe the processes that underpin normal functions such as circulation, respiration and digestion. Each of these chapters is introduced by an engaging clinical case that features a unique graphic narrative.
Finally, the Self-Assessment chapter comprises 80 multiple choice questions in clinical Single Best Answer format, to thoroughly test your understanding of the subject.
The Eureka series of books are designed to be a ‘one stop shop’: they contain all the key information you need to know to succeed in your studies and pass your exams.