Click on the Resources tab for pdfs containing clickable links for each section
BMA Book Awards:
- Winner of Young Author prize
- Highly Commended in General Practice category
Over 110 cases and a mock exam aligned to the new RCGP curriculum!
This is the latest edition of the original CSA Cases Workbook, designed to be used by GP revision groups practising for the CSA examination – now with 36 brand new cases!
- The ring-bound design makes the practice consultations as exam-like as possible – allowing each member of the revision group to act as ‘doctor’, ‘patient’ or ‘observer’ and to take out just the pages they need.
- Readers have access to an additional 13 cases online, set up as a mock exam.
- Along with easy to use marking schemes for every case, the cases include smartphone links to guide readers to useful resources.
To help further with revision, each curriculum area is split up into:
- possible cases – lists the cases most likely to come up in the CSA (including emergency and special cases)
- revision notes – fully updated with the latest NICE and SIGN guidelines, plus other helpful references and websites, to guide your revision
- material for the patient – resources that you could usefully direct the patient towards in the consultation (including after you have passed!)
- practice explanations – topics, tests and procedures that you should be able to describe quickly
- practice examinations – procedures you should be able to undertake confidently.
CSA Cases Workbook is the ideal way to help you prepare for a range of international examinations, such as:
- Simulated Surgery for the International GP Recruitment (IGPR) Scheme, GP Induction Scheme and GP Returner Scheme – one of the authors (IZ) successfully undertook this and her experience is incorporated into this new edition.
- OSCE for the RACGP Fellowship exam.
- GPEP1 Clinical Examination for the RNZCGP.
- The Family Medicine Certification Examination for the ABFM.
- Simulated Office Orals (SOOs) for the Certification Examination in Family Medicine for The College of Family Physicians of Canada.