The training provided by this DVD is designed for a wide range of primary care health professionals including GPs, nurses, occupational health, rehabilitation and many others.
This DVD will help busy health professionals learn effective cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) skills to use in primary care consultations with patients presenting with health anxiety, medically unexplained symptoms and functional somatic disorders.
Key features include:
* Management of patients with high levels of anxiety about health
* How to build rapport and avoid excessive investigations and referrals
* Managing frequent attendances at primary care services
* CBT strategies to encourage self-management and facilitate behavioural change
* Patients presenting with ‘tired all the time’ and chronic fatigue
* Managing irritable bowel syndrome
DVD ROM contains printable worksheets. Running time: 85 minutes approx.