By Saffron Whitehead and Gul Bano
Jun 2018 , 200 pp
Managing Obesity is an important new practical guide for clinicians who deal with obese patients within their normal practice (family doctors, hospital doctors, medical trainees, etc.).
Written by two endocrinologists, the book first discusses the increase in obesity worldwide, then details the causes of obesity before finally considering current and future treatment options.
1. Defining and assessing the pandemic of obesity
2. What makes us eat?
3. Control of food intake
4. Digestion and absorption of nutrients
5. Metabolism, the metabolic syndrome and obesity
6. Genetics and other factors predisposing towards obesity
7. Health risks of the metabolic syndrome and obesity
8. Treatments of obesity successes, failures and future directions