For Better For Worse: Should I Get Married?
By Neel Burton
Oct 2017 , 220 pp
3. Gender fluidity in the gods
4. Gender variation and same-sex relations in precolonial peoples
5. Marriage in Ancient Egypt
6. Three tales of same-sex love in Ancient Egypt
7. The history and psychology of the orgy
8. Marriage in the Bible
9. Love in the Bible
10. Same-sex relations in the Bible
11. An interpretation of Adam and Eve
12. Sex, sexuality, and duplicity in Ancient Rome
13. How love became the new religion
14. The psychology of romantic love
15. The history of kissing
16. Who was Valentine?
17. The 7 types of love
18. Polyamory: a new way of loving?
19. The philosophy of lust
20. The magic of masturbation
21. Touch hunger
22. The pain of loneliness/the joy of solitude
23. The ascetic alternative
24. Are married people healthier?
25. The deep psychology of the bachelor party
26. Should we have a big wedding?
27. The challenges of intimacy
28. The philosophy of trust
29. The philosophy of forgiveness
30. The rise and demise of divorce
31. The future of the family
32. Should we have children?
33. The history of gay marriage
34. A feminist critique of marriage